Come along for the journey!

Come along for the journey!

Thursday 26 November 2009

THANKSGIVING: (Jaipur, India)

There's nothing like being surrounded by some of life's harshest stories to make you appreciate what you have. Neeks and I continued our annual American tradition of eating with good friends and sharing what we're thankful for in life, but over here in India. We were accompanied by our good friends George & Zoe and together we went to the Raghpur Palace, previously home to the local Maharaja, for as close to 'American fare' as we could get…Pizza, Tacos, and Coke. We all agreed that seeing the world, having so much time to indulge in our pursuits, revel in pre-kiddy early married life, enjoy opportunities like dining at palaces that so few here can do, was something to be very thankful for. I thought of the verse in the Bible - 'To those who are given much, much is expected', and I thought of the 'Slumdog 3 musketeers' again. I've been thinking about what work to pursue next, and what my gratitude may lead me into next.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment